Rum, alcoholic beverage produced by the distillation of various fermented cane sugar products. The most common mixtures used in making rum consist of molasses and water or sugar and water. Another type of rum is made by fermenting a mixture of the scum formed when the raw juice of the sugarcane is heated with molasses, water, and “dunder,” the residue left after the refining of sugar. When distilled, rum is a white or straw-colored spirit varying in strength from 80 to 150 proof (40 to 75 percent alcohol). Dark rums are made by adding a small amount of caramel or by aging in special wooden casks. The flavor depends upon ethyl butyrate, an organic ester. Most rum for export is made in Barbados, Trinidad, Jamaica, Guyana, Cuba, and Puerto Rico.Tags: rum, rum drinks, rumi, rumpke
- Article Writing 324 view(s)
- READING 286 view(s)
- The Role of the Teacher 279 view(s)
- Ecotourism as an Alternative 225 view(s)
- Fashion 222 view(s)
- Pollution problem 216 view(s)
- Science and Technology 216 view(s)
- Science Fiction and Computing 193 view(s)
- Reading an Essay 176 view(s)
- War Crimes in Angola 173 view(s)
- Architecture and Design
- Biographies / Famous Figures
- Countries and Cities
- Culture, Tradition and Religion
- Discovery, Invention and Exploration
- Economy Business and Finance
- Editor's Choice
- Food and Agriculture
- Free Ebooks
- Game Trailers/Reviews/News
- History / Archaeology
- Human Rights
- Improve Your Reading Skills
- Law, Crime and Violance
- Monuments and Landmarks
- Natural Disasters
- Population, Urban and Rural Life
- Poverty, Hunger, Famine and Drought
- Professions and Career
- Reading and Literature
- Science and Technology
- Tourism and Travel
All About Culture The rise to prominence...
Academic Research Institutions Artificial...
Science Fiction and Computing The image...
Discourse Analysis Discourse analysis...
Billy Budd Herman Melville’s last work...
Liquid Diets Lliquid diets are the diets...
Babbitt Babbitt is one novel in Lewis’s...
Charles Darwin (1809–82) Charles Darwin...
The Andromeda Strain The Andromeda Strain...