Radiological weapons disperse radioactive materials with a conventional device rather than with a nuclear explosion. DuringWorldWar II, the United States initiated a research program to determine the feasibility of dispersing radioactive material with the use of conventional weapons. More recently, Iraq has acknowledged to the United Nations that it explored the use of radiologicalweapons against Iran. Iraq reportedly tested a radiological bomb meant to weaken enemy forces by inducing radiation sickness but abandoned this type of weapon because radiation levels created were not sufficiently high. Although radiological weapons, if used, would not likely kill large numbers of people, they would likely cause vast disruption, even after areas contaminated with radioactivity had been decontaminated.Tags: dirty bombs, nuclear explosion, radioactive materials, Radiological weapons
- Science and Technology 328 view(s)
- Article Writing 319 view(s)
- READING 297 view(s)
- Ecotourism as an Alternative 225 view(s)
- Liquid Diets 221 view(s)
- The Nature of Communication 219 view(s)
- The Role of the Teacher 202 view(s)
- Science Fiction and Computing 199 view(s)
- Fashion 191 view(s)
- Pollution problem 188 view(s)
- Architecture and Design
- Biographies / Famous Figures
- Countries and Cities
- Culture, Tradition and Religion
- Discovery, Invention and Exploration
- Economy Business and Finance
- Editor's Choice
- Food and Agriculture
- Free Ebooks
- Game Trailers/Reviews/News
- History / Archaeology
- Human Rights
- Improve Your Reading Skills
- Law, Crime and Violance
- Monuments and Landmarks
- Natural Disasters
- Population, Urban and Rural Life
- Poverty, Hunger, Famine and Drought
- Professions and Career
- Reading and Literature
- Science and Technology
- Tourism and Travel
The process by which Britain became England...
All About Culture The rise to prominence...
Academic Research Institutions Artificial...
Science Fiction and Computing The image...
Discourse Analysis Discourse analysis...
Billy Budd Herman Melville’s last work...
Liquid Diets Lliquid diets are the diets...
Babbitt Babbitt is one novel in Lewis’s...
Charles Darwin (1809–82) Charles Darwin...